Please go to our website to apply directly: www.jobsatkay.com
· Minimum 3-5 years of apartment maintenance experience, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry, minor HVAC work.
· Experience in apartment turnovers
· Adhere all to safe work practices
· HVAC and CFC certifications preferred
· Ability to work independently and professionally
· Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
· Able to work on-call (respond to emergency calls within 30 minutes) and when needed, extended hours (including after hours and weekends)
· Maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Must have own hand tools
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Join Kay Apartment Communities’ service team at our Prince George's County - Multiple Locations. Kay’s service department is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of our properties and is committed to providing exceptional customer service and a comfortable living experience for our residents.
The service technician reports to the community manager and is under the supervision of the service manager/supervisor or engineer.
· Provide exceptional customer service and effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors and staff within company policies and Fair Housing laws.
· Complete all property maintenance work, service requests, turnovers, building inspections and preventative maintenance, as requested.
· Service, repair, replace and install items such as:
· Stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, disposals, fixtures
· Toilets, sinks, vanities, faucets, diverters
· Drains (use of K-50, K-1500, K-38)
· Electrical circuits, receptacles, switches and fuses
· Light fixtures & ceiling fans
· Countertops, cabinets and general carpentry
· Window screens and blinds
· Interior and exterior doors
· Vinyl and ceramic floor covering
· Complete service and repair requests in a safe, prompt and professional manner
· Prepare apartments for move-in, on a specified schedule
· Perform preventative maintenance tasks as required by the community
· Maintain all company-owned equipment in good working condition
· Perform other duties as assigned