Please join us at our upcoming MAINTENANCE JOB FAIR:
WHEN: Wednesday, January 9th from 5pm-8pm
WHERE: Londonderry Apartments - 17041 Downing Street, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
WHAT: learn about our company and get interviewed on the spot.
We look forward to meeting you on Wednesday, January 9! In the meantime, visit www.JobsAtKay.com for all of our current job openings and to apply online. Please also share this with other experienced maintenance professionals.
Ask about our limited time $500 sign-on bonus!
· Minimum 3-5 years of apartment maintenance experience, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry, minor HVAC work.
· Experience in apartment turnovers
· Adhere all to safe work practices
· HVAC and CFC certifications preferred
· Ability to work independently and professionally
· Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
· Able to work on-call (respond to emergency calls within 30 minutes) and when needed, extended hours (including after hours and weekends)
· Maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Must have own hand tools
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Our exceptional benefits package
· Medical & dental insurance
· Paid holidays
· Vacation/sick leave
· 401(K) retirement savings plan
· Life insurance
· Overtime pay
· Annual bonuses
· Rent discount
Criminal background check
Kay Apartment Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Join Kay Apartment Communities’ service team at one of our apartment communities in Maryalnd or Virginia. Kay’s service department is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of our properties and is committed to providing exceptional customer service and a comfortable living experience for our residents. The service technician reports to the community manager and is under the supervision of the service manager/supervisor or engineer.
· Provide exceptional customer service and effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors and staff within company policies and Fair Housing laws.
· Complete all property maintenance work, service requests, turnovers, building inspections and preventative maintenance, as requested.
· Service, repair, replace and install items such as:
· Stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, disposals, fixtures
· Toilets, sinks, vanities, faucets, diverters
· Drains (use of K-50, K-1500, K-38)
· Electrical circuits, receptacles, switches and fuses
· Light fixtures & ceiling fans
· Countertops, cabinets and general carpentry
· Window screens and blinds
· Interior and exterior doors
· Vinyl and ceramic floor covering
· Complete service and repair requests in a safe, prompt and professional manner
· Prepare apartments for move-in, on a specified schedule
· Perform preventative maintenance tasks as required by the community
· Maintain all company-owned equipment in good working condition
· Perform other duties as assigned