Resume Submission Information:
If you or someone you know is interested and qualified in this position, please email a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
- BS or BA degree preferred
- 2-3 years of Real Estate experience preferred
- Proficient with MRI Accounting Software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- General Services Administration (GSA) experience
- Organization is critical. Must keep Property Managers organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and multitask when needed.
- Proactive work ethic.
- Must be able to take initiative.
- Demonstrates initiative and reflects a sense of urgency in daily duties by meeting or improving upon deadlines
The Assistant Property Manager supports the Property Management team with a total of approximately 800,000 square feet of commercial office and retail centers in the DC/MD/VA area. Assistant Property Manager will report daily to headquarter office in Potomac, MD, with frequent travel to assigned properties.
- Assist in yearly budgets and budget reforecast. This includes use of MRI Software and creation of budget binders for owner review.
- Daily communication with tenants, vendors and Engineers.
- Review monthly reports and explain variances from the budget.
- Code invoices and expenses using Nexus software.
- Create tenant notifications and memorandums.
- Prepare move in and out forms
- Serve as a liaison between access control-company and tenants while managing the distribution of building access cards.
- Obtain and review bids from vendors and contractors and made recommendations for services.
- Attend quarterly property inspection meetings and walk throughs.
- Communicate and coordinate collections with delinquent tenants. This includes sending delinquency and deficiency letters.
- Assist the legal department in preparing tenants for litigation
- Enter delinquency report notes and report status at monthly delinquency meetings.
- Manage overtime HVAC and utility billing to tenants which includes creating and tracking invoices.
- Create and send invoices for tenant bill backs with frequent communication to Property Accountants.
- GSA invoicing for construction jobs, overtime HVAC and day porter services.
- Frequent involvement with contracts for small construction jobs and monthly service agreements. Administer the entire process from contract creation to full execution.
- Attend monthly GSA tenant meetings and report on any outstanding invoices.
- Create weekly status reports for each property and report status to VP of Property Management at weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinate meetings between property manager, vendors, tenants, engineers, etc.
- Develop strong tenant relationships and periodically visit properties for wellness checks; walk properties and tag/flag cars that are in violation
- Maintain the tenant distribution lists
- Sign MODs and Handyman orders on behalf of VP of PM
- Assist with tenant move ins and move outs, including furniture delivery and pick up
- Ensure all property files are prepared and maintained in an orderly and logical manner, including vendor contracts
- Ensure Certificates of Insurance for vendors are up to date
- Other duties as assigned
7811 Montrose Road
Return to Career Page