Resume Submission Information:
- Minimum 3-5 years of apartment maintenance experience, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry, minor HVAC work.
- Experience in apartment turnovers
- Adhere all to safe work practices
- HVAC and CFC certifications preferred
- Ability to work independently and professionally
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Able to work on-call (respond to emergency calls within 30 minutes) and when needed, extended hours (including after hours and weekends)
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must have own hand tools
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Join Kay Apartment Communities’ service team at our 380-unit apartment community in Germantown, MD. Kay’s service department is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of our properties and is committed to providing exceptional customer service and a comfortable living experience for our residents.
The service technician reports to the community manager and is under the supervision of the service manager/supervisor or engineer.
- Provide exceptional customer service and effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors and staff within company policies and Fair Housing laws.
- Complete all property maintenance work, service requests, turnovers, building inspections and preventative maintenance, as requested.
- Service, repair, replace and install items such as:
- Stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, disposals, fixtures
- Toilets, sinks, vanities, faucets, diverters
- Drains (use of K-50, K-1500, K-38)
- Electrical circuits, receptacles, switches and fuses
- Light fixtures & ceiling fans
- Countertops, cabinets and general carpentry
- Window screens and blinds
- Interior and exterior doors
- Vinyl and ceramic floor covering
- Complete service and repair requests in a safe, prompt and professional manner
- Prepare apartments for move-in, on a specified schedule
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as required by the community
- Maintain all company-owned equipment in good working condition
- Perform other duties as assigned
Return to Career Page