Resume Submission Information:
Please apply directly on our website:
- Strong work ethic
- Associates degree in accounting
- Proficiency in Jenark property management software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Prior supervisory experience, effectively working with all levels of staff and management
- Superior leadership and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use problem-solving skills and best judgment to handle unpredictable situations and challenging interactions
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Join Kay Apartment Communities’ team at our corporate office in Silver Spring, Maryland. The Accounts Receivable Manager at Kay is a motivated leader, who exemplifies superior customer service. The Accounts Receivable Manager reports to the Controller. The position offers a competitive salary, bonuses and an exceptional benefits package.
- Provide superior customer service and effectively communicate with corporate and site staff, current and past residents, vendors and visitors.
- Responsible for the processing of monthly billing for both commercial and residential properties.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely collection and recording of monies received in the corporate office for both commercial and residential properties.
- Responsible for the processing of online payments from residential residents.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of application fees and security deposits paid by credit card.
- Responsible for the generation, reconciliation and completion of monthly renewal process for all residential residents.
- Responsible for the generation of monthly late fees for both commercial tenants and residential residents in accordance with their lease.
- Responsible for communicating, recording and transmitting information to and from a variety of housing authorities to ensure the proper, accurate and timely maintenance of residential Section 8 / HOC accounts.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing and maintenance of employee residential accounts.
- Processing of monthly adjustments from communities.
- Manage move out process submitted to corporate office from communities.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely disposition of security deposits for resident and commercial properties.
- Responsible for applying prepaid monies for both residential and commercial properties.
- Processing and reconciling of all commercial tenant accounts including the generation of lease abstracts, the setup of commercial tenants within the accounting software to include their step rents, as well as any and all additional charges such as pass thru.
- Processing of delinquent accounts to collection agency.
- Supervision and development of staff.
- Create schedules of all team members to ensure maximum efficiency; maintain payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
Return to Career Page