Resume Submission Information:
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Experience working in multi-family real estate, specifically affordable housing, is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient. Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for maintaining the financial records for a large portfolio of entities. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting and account reconciliations. In addition the Financial Accountant will develop relationships with departmental staff which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of monthly and year-end financial information for assigned entities.
- Collaborates with the other accounting and operations departments to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Support Accounting Managers and Assistant Controllers with special projects.
Job Contact Information:
9711 Washingtonian Blvd Ste 200
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Return to Career Page