Resume Submission Information:
Education and Credentials
- BA/BS in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- CPA Required
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- 8 years of public accounting with progressive responsibility in the multifamily real estate industry
- Knowledge of financials, government regulations, LIHTC, local and state statutes
- Preferred experience with MRI and Nexus
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting
- Must be punctual, dedicated and loyal (available to work days, evening, weekends as needed)
- Must work well with minimum supervision and direction
- Attention to detail, good record keeping and well organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Accountability and flexibility
- Exhibit initiative with focus on continuous improvement
Edgewood Management Corporation is a 45 year old, premiere affordable property management company, responsible for 27,000 units in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. Edgewood's portfolio represents a variety of multifamily product that includes high-rise, mid-rise, garden and townhouse style rental units.
Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior management services for a variety of residential properties and has an exceptional track record to resolve problems and reposition troubled assets in all areas: operations, administrative, financial and physical. Edgewood Management Corporation recognized as the 9th largest manager of Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management Association and the 50th largest manager by the National Multi-Housing Council.
Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our employees. Edgewood Management Corporation offers a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills and talents to their fullest potential. Edgewood is always looking for positive, motivated, and hardworking individuals to join our Edgewood Team.
We're seeking a positive individual who is always ready to learn, grow, and take on new challenges.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Responsible for overall property accounting and financial reporting, including annual financial statement audits for over 200 properties
- Oversight and supervision of entire Accounting Department and Payroll Department
- Responsible for evaluation of internal controls with EVP/CFO
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies, systems, and procedures
- Protecting assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Collaborating with other department leaders to develop and execute corporate strategies
- Review of monthly/quarterly/annual reports due to owners, investors, housing authorities and other outside groups
- Assisting owners and operations personnel with comprehension of financial statements
- Preparing compliance responses on behalf of owners to government agencies and financial institutions
- Ensuring transition of property accounting records when required
- Monitoring inter-company and collections of all monies owed to Corporate Accounting Manager
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed, to include the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Assist with department staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with direct reports to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor the progress to enhance professional development of staff
- Review and approve monthly management fee calculations
- Any other tasks as requested by President/CEO and EVP/CFO
Job Contact Information:
9711 Washingtonian Blvd.
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Return to Career Page