Resume Submission Information:
- BA/BS in Accounting. On path to take the CPA exam, but CPA preferred.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for assisting, training, and mentoring the accounting department staff. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises the accounting staff to ensuring that work is reviewed and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end audit assistance. In addition, the Accounting Manager will develop relationships with owners while assisting other Assistant Controllers requiring interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of monthly and year-end financial information.
- Collaborates with the other accounting and operations managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to continuously improve the procedures and staff while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from ownership groups, regulatory agencies, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, and special reporting requests.
- Assist with the year-end audit process.
- Supervise the accounting staff to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Experience developing a team while addressing personnel staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Assistant Controllers with continuously improving MRI and Nexus to assist with efficiency of month end and reporting.
Job Contact Information:
9711 Washingtonian Blvd.
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Return to Career Page