Resume Submission Information:
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years working in a Leasing office, hospitality or related customer-service field
- 3-4 years working in sales or customer service
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related field
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Yelp, etc.
- Experience with Yardi, property management accounting system
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn specialized software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding sales and marketing skills
- Strong time management, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required
- Ability to learn and comply with industry legal requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-entity environment
- Ability to multi-task and follow through
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to respond to others' needs in a timely and courteous manner
- Ability to drive own vehicle
Bernstein Management Corporation ("BMC") has an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated individual looking to learn, develop and grow in an organization that values all of its stakeholders. As an integral part of BMC's Residential team, the Leasing Associate performs exemplary customer service activities, identifies and addresses the needs of potential residents and closes the sale, and processes applications through our property management system. Training is provided!
- Greet prospective residents professionally and build a rapport with them
- Answer inquiries from prospective residents; use standard sales techniques to encourage a visit to the community. Ensure prospect data is entered timely in our database to comply with Fair Housing laws
- Complete prospect follow-up in accordance with Bernstein's follow-up expectations and record such activities in property management system for compliance with Fair Housing laws
- Meet with prospective residents and check the availability of units that best fit their desires and budget; present apartments and the overall community to prospective residents; explain other amenities of living at the community; use standard sales closing methods to sell the prospective resident on available units
- Assist assigned communities in gathering information from prospective residents after they have indicated a desire to move to the property
- Assist assigned communities with completing market surveys and to include gathering current occupancy, rental rates and concessions
- Assist with marketing efforts to promote the properties
- Maintain a positive and professional customer service attitude
- Attend training seminars for leasing consultants to improve marketing and sales techniques
- Answer office phone, assist with visitors, assist with building deliveries, etc.
- File miscellaneous documents to/from tenants, contractors, etc.
- Respond to tenant maintenance calls and dispatch to appropriate engineering personnel
- Assist with coordination of contractor and vendor services
- Excellent attendance is required to perform the essential functions of this position
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, as described above.
Job Contact Information:
Sr. Corporate Recruiter
Return to Career Page